Storage Auctions

Reality TV Goes In All Directions....Add One Here !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Reality TV Goes In All Directions....Add One Here !
« on: November 30, 2011, 10:14:25 PM »
Just watching a show on rattlesnake collectors in Texas. This is on Animal Planet on Wednesday nights.

I do a fair amount of hiking and over the years have seen a dozen or so rattlesnakes. I always take pics of them, but that's as close as I get (10 x lens). All my sightings have been off-trail on cross-country hikes. Last ones I saw were in southern California near Blythe when doing some geode collecting.

The guys on this show are just plain crazy but have been doing it all their lives. The first group shown was going out in hopes of getting 20 snakes for which they would get $20 each..."You're looking down at $20 bills on the ground."

Think I'll stick with storage lockers, estate sales and flea markets.  ;)

Re: Reality TV Goes In All Directions....Add One Here !
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 10:27:58 PM »
I'm still surprised to see that there are two "hogger" shows on TV. How much coverage does the subject really need??

On a side note, my wife and I were looking at a metal detector at Goodwill. I turned to her and said "I smell a new reality show!!!"   ;D

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:59:10 AM »
Movieman Have known about the Texas rattle snake round up for years... My Grandfather either had a hand in it's creation or assistance with it. He milked rattle snakes for years at Silver Springs Attractions in Ocala. May be giving to much information, but could not resist.  ;D

I have not seen the program, but all I can say grew up with snake talks by father and grandfather. They were always aware of how they handled snakes in the public's eye. People see someone grab a snake by the tail and Oh it want bite you. Yeah right.  I had a hard time watching Steve Irwin. I liked the guy and he knew his stuff but what he showed for TV drove me crazy. I guess he paid the ultimate price.  :(

Was trying to find a link to share and realized he had a reality show in the '40's and '50's... LOL
floridamemory.com/items/show/149279
Here is a picture of him.
Had to teach my husband when you shoot a cotton mouth don't pick him up unless you blew it's head off. Do you know how many people are bitten by a dead snake?  ;D
I have been called crazy too. I grew up with snakes have no problem with them. Don't care for the poisonous ones though too young and Mother forbidding me to learn how to catch them. Oh and a use for a golf club is make a snake hook out of it.  :)

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 07:57:37 AM »
I'm still surprised to see that there are two "hogger" shows on TV. How much coverage does the subject really need??

On a side note, my wife and I were looking at a metal detector at Goodwill. I turned to her and said "I smell a new reality show!!!"   ;D

I don't have cable or satellite, so excuse my ignorance. Are shows about "hoggers" about wild pigs, Harley Davidson riders, large women or something else?

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 08:07:56 AM »
I don't have cable or satellite, so excuse my ignorance. Are shows about "hoggers" about wild pigs, Harley Davidson riders, large women or something else?

LOL
We are with you Cobia... Antenna TV for us.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 08:14:06 AM »

I've seen the promo for one of the hoggers shows and it's wild pigs, but your other suggestions might be the nuclei of a couple of new offerings in the "reality" venue.  ;)

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »

There are two shows about people who hunt wild hogs. The hogs actually do a lot of damage and are rather out of control. At Fort Benning, they've put a bounty on each hog a serviceman can bring in. Then they eat it.  ;)

As for Harley riders, there is a show called Hairy Bikers. Only seen the promos, but they seem to eat a bit of roadkill here and there.

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »
        http://starcasm.net/archives/112120
Don't forget the new show Lady Hoggers  on A & E  ( what else  ::) )
  And for those of You that Your other half find's storage auction too boring
         " Female Hog Hunters Wanted for Television! | Outdoors | Forums | TexAgs
Original Productions is casting for a new television series about the hog problem in Texas. We are currently searching for daughter-dad teams "

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
Just watching a couple of episodes of Gold Rush....at least now it is more interesting with 3 crews working 3 claims.

The Hoffmans....what clowns. Now they are doing something they should have done last season...doing core samples to see if any ore exists at the bedrock level. Listening to "Jack" speak is worse than fingernails being dragged down an old style chalkboard !  >:(

The kid seems the sharpest of all of them and I find it hard to believe "grampa" will be ruined if the kid fails.

"Dakota Fred" thought he was hot stuff taking over the Porcupine Creek claim from the Hoffmans, but now Fred is having equipment problems too, AND is house back in Dakota has been flooded out !

Just like in the old 49er days the ones making the most money (so far) are the equipment dealers who are taking bucks from the 3 crews like nobody's business !

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 09:43:01 PM »
Watching "Weed Wars" right now! Lol

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 05:19:35 AM »
"Swamp People." 

Not sure if still on? Had to call my Dad after seeing it and said those boys had something on him.. LOL he use to raise Alligators  and catch them. 

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 07:25:27 AM »
I got a new one!

There are these guys all around the country that drive around big tank trucks and they spend the day sucking crap out of portable toilets. Not only do they get paid a good salary because they have a CDL license and who wants to play in crap all day, but they get to keep all the good stuff found in the bottom of the portable toilets.

Think about the promo: Scruffy guy in overalls with a big hose sucking the poop out of a port-a -john, and then he sees something shining at the bottom. With his big plastic gloves he scoops it out, Holy Crap! It's a $10,000 gold and diamond tennis bracelet!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 08:06:07 AM »
I got a new one!

Think about the promo: Scruffy guy in overalls with a big hose sucking the poop out of a port-a -john, and then he sees something shining at the bottom. With his big plastic gloves he scoops it out, Holy Crap! It's a $10,000 gold and diamond tennis bracelet!

Laughed out loud at this one !   ;D

The sad part is, this series would probably work.  ???

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 08:38:58 AM »
Saw an ad for a moonshiners tv show too! People still make that? Lol

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 10:01:07 PM »
Got a new one!!!

Shipping Wars! Truckers bid to win contracts shipping oversized and otherwise difficult items.

xx
What an item is actually worth - reality vs the reality shows

Started by Restrain

5 Replies
Last post June 13, 2014, 02:40:11 PM
by luke
xx
The reality...

Started by beauzero

17 Replies
Last post August 08, 2012, 05:47:12 PM
by beauzero