Storage Auctions

WWII German items found today!!

WWII German items found today!!
« on: December 13, 2011, 06:24:45 PM »
My husband and I split up today to attend different caravan auctions.  He went to one we'd never attended before, while I went with the old standby.

First facility he bought a unit for $125 and a couple of the old timers said he overpaid.....they say that to pretty much everybody (save their own), so he took it with a grain of salt.  He paid, went to 'peek' and found a couple WWII items.  One is a German helmet that is in great shape and the other is a canister, that he later discovered contained a German gas mask.  Both are in very good shape.

On his way out he ran into one of the more boisterous of the old-timers and was again told he overpaid.  He smirked and replied "Yeah I know but these WWII German collectibles sure are cool!".  Off he went to the next auction having had the last laugh.

He went back to clean it out and knows the money will be doubled with just the tools and audio equipment, so the German stuff is gravy!  He did find an old knife with a really cool sheath.  There are not a ton more boxes to investigate.....but I've got my fingers crossed for more memorabilia as my dad was a WWII vet and I love 'learning' more about it!

That first unit ended up being the only one we bought today, but seems like the best wasn't saved for last for a change!

Re: WWII German items found today!!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 07:29:37 PM »
Neat! WWII German helmets are all almost worth more then $125. I sold one for $1.750 once and I gave the guy a good deal cause I had only paid $700 for it, most, if they have the liners and decals, go for at least $300 to $400 many will go higher. I have had a number of them and they sell well.  Gas masks are not high dollar items but still neat worth maybe around $75 give or take a bit.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 07:49:29 PM »
I hear the French Government has just listed for sale on eBay 200,000 original WWII rifles, never fired, just dropped once...

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 08:06:19 PM »
nice finds!

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 10:49:50 PM »
Awesome!

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 06:55:27 AM »
Even if I didn't make my money back I'd consider that locker a win.  Of course I'd prob keep the WWII stuff.  That sounds like a good locker for only $125.  Good hunting.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 07:24:55 AM »
Even if I didn't make my money back I'd consider that locker a win.  Of course I'd prob keep the WWII stuff.  That sounds like a good locker for only $125.  Good hunting.
Wait!  Are we allowed to do that???  no! no! no!  We can't keep it all!....can we?  no!

The unit was not too shabby.  Lots of quality items, but mostly in the way of clothes which we have a hard time moving here.  There was a Wahmaker vest, a Tucson Rodeo 75th anniversary jacket, numerous Denver Bronco's shirts (I can always sell NFL~but why oh why can I never get a unit belonging to a Vikings fan???), nice western shirts & a couple very nice leather (western) belts.

Tools & misc consisting of brand new shop vac, Stihl chainsaw, car speakers (still in box) and some yamaha speakers on stands (have to investigate these), a playstation system with numerous games, jack stands.....can't think of anything else right off the top of my head.

To the dump goes an old sleeper sofa, a couple boxes of garbage and possibly a Roper side by side fridge.  Pretty nasty inside, but Don (my husband) has yet to really check that out, as it's been dumping rain since he bought the unit.  Will investigate further this afternoon after we hit our final caravan for the week.

Hoping for another unit as I didn't get to go digging for treasure.....he can't help himself....he searches while still in the locker~leaving me the scraps.  I 'discovered' 3 cents~

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 07:58:07 AM »
Neat! WWII German helmets are all almost worth more then $125. I sold one for $1.750 once and I gave the guy a good deal cause I had only paid $700 for it, most, if they have the liners and decals, go for at least $300 to $400 many will go higher. I have had a number of them and they sell well.  Gas masks are not high dollar items but still neat worth maybe around $75 give or take a bit.

If you find U.S. WWI & WWII gear it also sells good in Europe. Just put it on Ebay and open your auction to international customers.

xx
Most commonly found items

Started by Shmoopy

17 Replies
Last post January 28, 2012, 04:04:33 PM
by Magickalmoon01
xx
Stolen items found, Denver

Started by Alias300

2 Replies
Last post December 02, 2013, 01:49:04 PM
by bwd111
xx
Most commonly found items in storage auction lockers

Started by MovieMan

10 Replies
Last post February 17, 2014, 11:34:06 AM
by Cobia
xx
Steve Jobs Items Found in time capsule...what will they bring when auctioned?

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post September 22, 2013, 08:42:07 AM
by MovieMan