Storage Auctions

Box lot Auction

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Box lot Auction
« on: February 11, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
Went to a box lot auction this evening. This is an antique auction house, they hold box lots every so often. Decided to go and just see, had to convince my husband into going.  ::)

He thought they are antiques they will cost to much. I finally found the pictures they had, there was a tent full of stuff, Said we can make some money out of there.

So we went got there about 10 min before auction. Got registered and off the auction went.

They hold preview from noon until auction time @ 6:00.  ::) 

Saw a fellow storage buyer there (have not seen him at the storage auctions).

Well we spent $100 our truck is over flowing (thought we were going to have to make two trips) but thanks to a free cargo net and close to home we didn't.
We got small appliances, glass ware, some pottery, luggage (found $1.00 in one). wicker trunk full of baskets, tote of silver, a wing back chair ($2.00)  Ect. Ect.

What we did not get were clothes, mattress, fallapartical board furniture oh wait one piece, trash. personal items. Did not spend all day waiting and looking at trash.

Auction started at 6:00 we bought what we had to spend, talked to fellow auction hunter, then tried to remember what lots we bought. LOL  Paid for our items, waited to get our truck backed in, figured out how to get it in the truck cargo net and all. Pulled out at 7:30. 

So all in all was a great day. !!!!! We will be going back there.  ;D

Also we have to go pick up free stuff from a family member moving and could not take it with them, kids toys, pots and pans, ect. will update once I see it.

Re: Box lot Auction
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:31:40 AM »
Box auctions, pallet auctions, refurbish auctions - they can all be good places for items.  I know most of the storage buyers here sell totes/boxes of simular items at the auction house.  I've thought about it but have never done it.  Will have to attend one day and see.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »
This is what we got last night at the auction.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 06:54:24 PM »
Spent the day with my brother and his wife and picked this up free.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 06:59:54 PM »
Box auctions, pallet auctions, refurbish auctions - they can all be good places for items.  I know most of the storage buyers here sell totes/boxes of simular items at the auction house.  I've thought about it but have never done it.  Will have to attend one day and see.

Have not gone through what we got, had to unload then go to my brothers. But I think we will do well. Working for now with no lockers up for grabs and large item inventory rich.  ;D

The thrift is picking up but not fast enough for me.  ::) So maybe in a week or two we can grab another unit. Only a few auctions for the rest of the month.  :'(

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 06:53:14 AM »
That is great Money.  Free stuff is always welcomed.  I know my mother has already told me she plans to clean out the sheds and things.  We do that and I'll not need any lockers for a month or so.  Would be the equivelant of cleaning out 4 10x30 lockers.  Not including the house they use for storage.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 07:28:45 AM »
LOL Craig, I have an Aunt like that, except she is a picker and thinks her stuff is gold  ::).

So I just get a cut for her stuff. Think she will get better as money comes in.

Still working on the facebook angle think can get more free stuff from family members.  ;D

What ever works at this point,  with lockers so hard to come by.  Two auctions this week and one next.  :'(

I am hoping these two pick ups will keep us afloat for the rest of the month, waiting on the furniture to move at the thrift. Going to go pick up a bed from there and put on CL just to get it gone. She is having to store it during the week, rather have it for sale than being stored. She had several lookers this weekend hopefully it sold will find out this morning. So trudging a long. Still working on the clothes  ::) :o :P :'(
LOL

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 10:48:30 AM »
Your box-lot auction is similar to how my Goodwill location runs their auction. Most of it in themed lots and mostly way below retail (depending on bidders).

Looks like you found a nice new source for product!!

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 12:38:55 PM »
Wished they had them more often.

Have found price stickers on some of the stuff, no wonder it did not sell.
But we are going to get a crash course in smalls.  :D

The Storage buyer we ran into there told us about it and another one he attends, he has a rented antique mall space. Now just have to remember the other one. (told us about it months ago. )

Just got the free stuff unloaded. Got a TKO personal trainer II punching bag that should sell well.

Looks like we bought 2 lockers.  ;D.

It is going to be a good day delivering a desk we sold to someone who came out and bought something else. Desk is out of our personal stuff, they are into antiques so showed them our hoarding space.  ;D

They asked about the desk, it really was not for sale but I think we have 3 desk. ???  I like desk. Oh well getting rid of one today.  ;D

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
LOL money - I just saw a punching bag and the TKO trainer stand in a unit that sold for $950 this afternoon.

Also check out government surplus, big box retail surplus sites, etc.  If you can dig around long enough you can find other places if you live near a capital/big city.  If your like me and live further out your choices are more limited.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 08:05:44 PM »
Craig that is too funny we just spent time and gas. 

We are kinda rural area, Orlando an hour and half away, Tampa two hours, Jacksonville 3 hours. So our choices are limited.  But looking harder for more box lots, Looks like we will do pretty good, If I can get my education in the porcelain, painted glass, Clown head music box..  ???  Glad a lot of the stuff I can just price and sell.

We delivered our desk. This is funny this couple moved from NY. The place they moved into we bought the guys furniture before he left. The couple said they offered him $300 for it, we picked it up for $100.

Oh the desk was made in NY. Saw the tag when we were moving it.  :D

xx
Abandoned Property Auction Listed on Virtual Storage Auction

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 05:48:42 PM
by Alias300
xx
Anyone ever go to your citys municipal vehicle auction or seized car auction?

Started by rulesforrebels

7 Replies
Last post September 27, 2014, 11:18:07 AM
by alloro
xx
Guess the auction selling prices on these items at a piece by piece auction

Started by MovieMan

5 Replies
Last post June 03, 2013, 06:02:31 PM
by SteveChesi
xx
New Storage Auction Game - Auction Wars: Storage King